Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Large African Sharp Tooth Catfish

African Sharp Tooth Catfish or should I say Barbel to the locals if an amazing fish to catch. They can become very aggressive and enjoy feeding on dead matter and live baits.

I have caught lots of Barbel and they have always put up a big fight. They have very sharp sandpaper like teeth and can hurt your hand if not handeled properly.

This one below I caught at a private dam at night on floating crust. I was actually targeting Carp and this bad boy smashed my bread. It put up an amazing fight.


Unlike Carp Barbel do not surface when hooked until the last minute. Carp tire out when they are exposed to the surface so Barbel will always have alot of energy and fight in them.










This Cat weighed in at about 16 KG.

No comments:

Post a Comment