Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Shark Fishing in the Western Cape


Summer is almost here and the waters of Indian Ocean are starting to warm up.
I caught this big Spotted Gully Shark last year December and I am hoping to catch a lot more.

My main target for this season is to see if I can catch a really big Bronze Whaler Shark off the Eastern Cost.

There are lots of different species of Shark in our waters which provide great recreational fishing namely, the Ragged Tooth Shark, Gully Shark, Cow Shark, Hammer Head Shark and of course our local Bronze Whaler.

I only work on a catch and release system when fishing for sharks and enjoy seeing these magnificent creatures finding their way home.

Has anyone else had experience in fishing for sharks in our local waters?

No comments:

Post a Comment